Thursday, May 7, 2009

Learning Process


so i've just started learning to sew- i mean a learned here and there along the way in life, but only in the last few months have i truly embraced sewing. years ago, before i knew anything about what to do, i decided i wanted to make a quilt. i didn't measure correctly, write things down, work things out mathematically etc...so the quilt i have still not finished is turning out quite hilarious. i didn't want all the work i did years ago to go to waste, so i'm in the process of finishing it, but here is what it is so far. sorry there is only one picture, my camera battery just died. once it's all finished, there will be more pics. :)

6 comments:

  1. You should have seen the "quilt" I made when I was 16. Ashley has it now. It's HILARIOUS! Maybe one day I'll try to make a real one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this the quilt you were working on at my house? LoL! if it is (and from what i remember it really does look like it) it's coming along quite nicely :) forget all the measuring.. it's neater to see what the result of NOT measuring turns out to be... hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it looks awesome, stace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay, stace. i want to see how far you got last night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. who needs to measure?! HAHA sounds like something I would do, mainly because I wouldn't want to spend money on all the tools and stuff. I'm sure whatever it looks like, one day your family will greatly treasure it! The quilt my mom made in high school is one of my most cherished items, even if it is very seventies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wait...mom made you a quilt but she never finished my blanket? lame.

    cool quilt stace :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me